- Computing & information technology
- Earth sciences, geography, environment, planning
- Economics, finance, business & management
- English language teaching (ELT)
- Lifestyle, sport & leisure
- Literature & literary studies
- Mathematics & science
- Reference, information & interdisciplinary subjects
- Society & social sciences
- Technology, engineering, agriculture
- The arts
by Haley, Allan
John Wiley and Sons Ltd
ISBN: 9780471288947 | September 1992 | 152 pages | Paperback
Online: R 796.25 | You Save: R 428.75! | Free Delivery!
No Local Stock! Delivery: ± 2 - 3 weeks from payment
Profiles of 18 typographers who made significant contributions to the field, including oldies such as Gutenberg, Caxton, Caslon, Baskerville, Bodoni, and several moderns whose work-Times New Roman, Perpetua, Electra, etc. -is better known than their names.
Profiles of 18 typographers who made significant contributions to the field, including oldies such as Gutenberg, Caxton, Caslon, Baskerville, Bodoni, and several moderns whose work-Times New Roman, Perpetua, Electra, etc.-is better known than their names.
Preface. EARLY GIANTS. Johann Gutenberg. William Caxton. Aldus Manutius. Claude Garamond. William Caslon. John Baskerville. Giambattista Bodoni. MODERN PIONEERS. Frederic W. Goudy. Morris Fuller Benton. Rudolf Koch. Oswald Cooper. William Addison Dwiggins. Eric Gill. Stanley Morison. Jan Van Krimpen. Robert Hunter Middleton. Beatrice Warde. Jan Tschichold. Designers and Their Typefaces.
These titles may interest you
- Celebrating Your Nonprofit's Milestones - 81 Great Ideas for Planning and Celebrating Milestone EventsR 1,175.00 R 763.75
- "Scientific American" Inventions and Discoveries - All the Milestones in Ingenuity - From the Discovery of Fire to the Invention of the Microwave OvenR 755.00 R 490.75
- R 590.00 R 383.50
- R 1,090.00 R 708.50
Credit cards processed by